NEWS: The 15th EUSARF-conference was held in Porto from 2nd to 5th October 2018, with many contributors from the Centre.
EUSARF 2018 “All children, all families” attracted researchers and practitioners from all over the world to Porto to participate in lectures and debates on child welfare.
Marit Skivenes and Katrin Kriz held one of the key-note addresses, and presented some of the preliminary findings from the Discretion-project in their joint lecture “Child protection removals of newborns: Policy and practice” (picture above).
Presenters from the Centre
In addition, several researchers and PhD candidates from the Centre presented in the parallel sessions:
- Jenny Krutzinna & Marit Skivenes: Justifying Removals of Newborn Babies – A Cross-Country Analysis of Judiciary Decision Makers Reasoning of Parental Capacities.
- Hege Stein Helland, Marit Skivenes & Øyvind Samnøy Tefre: In the Best Interest of the Child – An Analysis of Judgments on Involuntary Adoption in the Norwegian Judicial System.
- Audun Løvlie & Marit Skivenes: Justifying the Child’s Best Interest – A Comparison of Court Decisions in Norwegian Child Protection Cases of Violence in Migrant and Non-Migrant Families.
- Katre Luhamaa & Marit Skivenes: European Court of Human Rights Directions on Newborn Removals
- Judit Strömpl, Katre Luhamaa, Merle Linno, Rein Murakas: Child Representatives in Estonian Removal Proceedings
EUSARF stands for European Scientific Association on Residential and Family Care for Children and Adolescents. It is a body of researchers on child welfare and protection.
EUSARF wants to develop scientific research in the field of child and family welfare and promote the exchange of information between European members and other associations throughout the world.