Our ambition is to be frontiers in our research field. As an interdisciplinary and international research Centre, situated at the University of Bergen and funded by the ERC and NRC, we are committed to openness and transparency in research.
Transparency and access are critical for high quality in research, and we follow best practice by retaining files of supplementary material and documentation related to data collection, methodological analysis, code books, data files, and publications from the Centre.
We are prepared to share this information with other researchers when not bound by copyright restrictions, confidentiality requirements, or contractual clauses.
By adhering to transparency around research procedures and access to research data enhances the quality of research in that results can more readily be validated and verified.
- The Norwegian National Research Ethics Committees:
- Ethics, Data Protection and Data Access (8 countries)
- Pre-analysis plan for survey in 8 countries: Restriction of freedom on an individual with responsibility for a child (2019). The plan is submitted to AsPredicted and will be made available at this page later.
- Pre-analysis plan for survey in Norway and California (US): The basis for legitimate state intervention in families (2019). The plan is submitted to AsPredicted and will be made available at this page later.
- Burns, K, Kriz, K, Krutzinna, J, Luhamaa, K, Meysen, T, Pösö, T, Segado, S, Skivenes, M and Thoburn, J (2019). The hidden proceedings – An analysis of accountability of child protection adoption proceedings in eight European jurisdictions. European Journal of Comparative Law and Governance. Open appendix
- Berrick, JD, Dickens, J, Pösö, T and Skivenes, M (2020). Are child protection workers and judges in alignment with citizens when considering interventions into a family? A cross-country study of four jurisdictions. Children and Youth Service Review. Open appendix
- Breen, C, Krutzinna, J, Luhamaa, K and Skivenes, M (2020). Family life for Children in State Care. International Journal of Children’s Rights. Open appendix
- Helland, H, Pedersen, S and Skivenes, M (2020). Adopsjon eller offentlig omsorg? En studie av befolkningens syn på adopsjon som tiltak i barnevernet. Tidsskrift for samfunnsforskning. Open appendix
- McEwan-Strand, A and Skivenes, M (2020). Children’s capacities and role in matters of great significance for them. An analysis of the Norwegian County Boards decision making in cases about adoption from care. International Journal of Children’s Rights. Open appendix
- Burns, K, Helland, H, Križ, K, Segado, S, Skivenes, M and Strömpl, J (2021). Corporal punishment and reporting to child protection authorities: An empirical study of population attitudes in five European countries. Children and Youth Services Review. Open appendix
- Luhamaa, K, McEwan-Strand, A, Ruiken, B, Skivenes, M and Wingens, F (2021). Services and support to mothers and newborn babies in vulnerable situations. A study of eight countires. Children and Youth Services Review. Open appendix
- Løvlie, Audun Gabriel, and Marit Skivenes (under review) Justifying interventions in Norwegian child protection – an analysis of cases of violence in migrant and non-migrant families. Nordic Journal of Law and Society. Open appendix