The DIPA-centre at the University of Bergen is pleased to invite to this online seminar on Children’s Right to Participation.
12.00: Introduction by Marit Skivenes
- Children’s participation in child protection – current knowledge and gaps.
12:15: Key-note presentations
- David Archard
- Paternalism – children, adults and respect: The moral and political status of children and the respect for children’s views.
- Karmen Toros
- What are children’s views on and experiences with participation in the child protection system’s decision‐making process? Findings from a systematic review.
- Lesley-Anne Barnes Macfarlane
- Involving Children: Developments in Scottish law concerning children and the creation of a more Children’s Rights-based legislation in Scotland.
15:00: Plenary Discussion The full seminar program can be viewed here.
The online meeting room will open 11:50, and the seminar starts 12:00. There will be short coffee breaks during the seminar.
The seminar will be held on Zoom, and you can participate online via the link below. If the Zoom application is new to you, we recommend that you press the link well before the events to download the software. If you have trouble logging on, contact Vanessa.Seeligmann@uib.no.
This seminar is organized as part of the PARTICIPATION project. PARTICIPATION has received funding from the Research Council of Norway (project no. 320149).